07 December 2011

what posses me VIII: when iceland comes a calling

If you have know me longer than, say,two seconds,
 you will know that the only place I have had on my mind for a 
long, long time is
 Iceland. 
Ask me about the Vikings, I dare you. 
I read Icelandic guide books for bedtime reading 
and keep Icelandic primers close at hand.
 I wish my last name ended with "dottir". 
So, because I love my Icelandic day dreams so much, 
I almost didn't want to share this. 
But, I did. 
Because I'm super nice. 



Inspired by Iceland is an initiative by the Icelandic government to encourage people ousted by Iceland

 fierce volcanoes to travel there regardless. Anyone remember Eyjafjallajökull? (Did anyone ever learn how to pronounce that?) I remember by plane to London almost being affected by Eyja-eff-me-kull, that's what I remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...